The dataset contains information on the city plan reserve situation, or lot reserve, in the Helsinki metropolitan area, summed up in postal code areas. The data has been calculated from valid city plans in floor square metres (based on the SeutuRAMAVA dataset calculated by HSY). The postal code areas used in the calculation of the data come from the municipalities in the region, harmonised by HSY to the scale of the entire Helsinki metropolitan area.
- kunta = municipality
- postinumero = postal code number
- nimi = postal code name
- nimi_ru = postal code name in Swedish
- kala = building right, floor area entered in the municipal register. Does not include any additional building rights included in the planning regulations.
- karaas = residential floor area in use (including floor area under construction)
- karamu = non-residential floor area in use (including floor area under construction)
- karayht = total floor area in use (including floor area under construction)
- laskvar_ak = calculated apartment building reserve
- laskvar_ap = calculated detached house reserve
- laskvar_k = calculated business and office space reserve
- laskvar_t = calculated industrial and storage space reserve
- laskvar_y = calculated public construction reserve
- laskvar_nn = calculated reserve for uses other than those mentioned above
- laskvar_yh = total calculated reserve
- rakeraas = residential floor area under construction
- rakeramu = non-residential floor area under construction
- rakerayht = total floor area under construction
- rekpvm = date of register situation, time of cross-section
The dataset includes all postal code areas in the Helsinki metropolitan area, but if the information is not available in the actual SeutuRAMAVA block material (based on which the data is summed up in postal code areas), this is recorded in the file as “no data”. The block-level lot reserve material is also open data and available for download in geographic information format.
In addition to the block-level material, the indicators are also consistent with the actual SeutuRAMAVA dataset, which is at the plan unit level. Plan unit level information is not open data.
The dataset is produced twice a year on the basis of the indicators in the SeutuRAMAVA material at the plan unit level. The coordinate reference system of the dataset is ETRS-GK25.
The reserve figure is produced by subtracting the floor area in use from the building right. The calculated reserve includes interpretation. If a plan unit allocated for housing or non-workplace construction has less than 100 floor square metres, the unit is considered to have no unused building rights, i.e. no reserve left at all. If a plan unit allocated for workplace construction or centre functions has less than 400 floor square metres of remaining reserve, the unit is considered to have no unused building rights, i.e. no reserve left at all.
In addition, when the rate of construction of a plan unit is less than 20%, the remaining building right of the unit is calculated to be equal to the floor area allocated to the unit in the plan (floor area in use is interpreted as demolition). The rules for the interpretation of the calculated reserve have been agreed between HSY and the municipalities of the Helsinki metropolitan area.
The source reference of the dataset can be presented in the format © HSY and municipalities of the Helsinki metropolitan area 20xx.