Data on the traffic volumes in Helsinki. Dataset provides average traffic volumes and does not represent a particular date each year. Data is provided from 2010 onwards.
The estimation is done by counting traffic volumes from Monday to Thursday in September and October each year. From these calculations, a certain day that has the smallest difference to mean volume is chosen to be presented in the data. Hence, it provides average traffic volumes.
Calculations are mostly done automatically. Some small streets are counted manually from 7.00 to 9.00.
Coordinates for calculation points are in ETRS-GK25 (EPSG 3879) system.
- piste: ID of the counting point
- nimi: name / location of the counting point
- x_gk25 x coordinate in ETRS-GK25 coordinate system
- y_gk25 y coordinate in ETRS-GK25 coordinate system
- suunta: direction (direction 1 is towards city centre; D1-D13 towards west)
- aika: time (hour; at 6am-9am and 3pm-6pm 15 minutes)
- vuosi: year
- ha (henkilöautot): passenger cars
- pa (pakettiautot): vans
- ka (kuorma-autot): trucks
- ra (rekka-autot): lorries
- mp (moottoripyörät): motorbikes
- rv (raitiovaunut): trams
- autot: cars